Today we are delighted to chat to Connor Heaney, MD of CXC EMEA, about the international opportunities for temporary workers and contractors currently. Connor is very positive about the market currently from a workers perspective, and there are a lot of opportunities available depending on your exact sector and skillset. On a global scale skills shortages mean that firms are hiring and increasingly need temporary and contingent talent.
Some key insights from our chat are:
- There is a shift in power taking place currently, with workers in niche sectors increasingly able to name their price;
- There is an increasing use of online talent marketplaces by businesses looking to hire right now;
- Location is less of an issue than previously and businesses will hire the people they need wherever they are based;
- Compliance is essential, workers must ensure that they are engaged according to local regulations where they are based;
- The pace of change and demand for contingent workers is mind-blowing right now!
About Connor Heaney
Connor is MD of CXC EMEA, a global HR outsourcer that connects businesses with contingent workers, bringing them the talent they need when they need it. Connor has spent the majority of his career in recruitment and has significant experience in supporting clients achieve their talent requirements. Connor’s focus is on solving CXC clients’ contingent workforce requirements, and is very busy!