Managed Service Company (MSC) legislation has come to the fore in recent months following news that HMRC sent tax bills to numerous self-employed contractors after accusing their accountant of breaching MSC rules. It’s quite likely that you’ve never heard of MSC legislation, even if you’re a seasoned contractor, so what on earth is it all about? We spoke to contracting expert Seb Maley, CEO of Qdos to find out:
- What actually is MSC legislation?
- Why does it matter if an accountant controls financial affairs?
- What does that mean for self-employed people?
- What is happening in the current cases that recently hit the headlines?
- What should you do if you’re worried?
You should definitely tune if you aren’t sure whether you or your accountant has the most control over your finances.
About Seb Maley and Qdos Contractor
Seb began his career as a tax consultant with a specialism in IR35. He handled numerous investigations in the early years of the legislation, before developing Qdos’s services and online delivery platform. With the help of a fantastic team, Qdos has grown their client base to over 70,000 and the company is known as one of the UK’s leading authorities on status.