Today’s episode is really important as we look at how you can stand out amongst the crowd when applying for jobs. Through discussion with award-winning recruiter Les Berridge, we delve into the mindset of the recruiter and how you can get them to notice your application. This is clearly a hot topic right now given that there are on average some 200+ applications for every job vacancy in the UK. So make sure you join us for loads of top tips and insights from a career professional who knows exactly what it’s like from the other side of the desk, when having to cope with hundreds of applicants for every role.
About Les Berridge
- Les has worked in recruitment throughout his career until his retirement in August.
- During his career as a front-line recruiter, Les focussed on interim and contract positions in the technology sector so he has a wealth of significant experience as a recruiter in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Les holds the highest qualification in recruitment – the Diploma in Recruitment Practice.
- Les was consistently one of Gattaca’s top performers and in his last full time year produced more revenue than anyone else, winning their award for Consultant of the Year
- During his final year, Les became the first person to reach the newly created grade of Principal Consultant.
- Les has also been a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation’s (REC*) Technology Executive Committee for the last thirteen years, where has brought about changes to government policy over security clearance, IR35 and immigration.
- Les is past Chair of REC’s Technology Executive Committee.
*The REC is the UK’s largest trade body for recruitment professionals and firms, representing 3,300 recruitment businesses and 10,500 individual recruiters.