Today we’re talking to James Kerslake about facing the fear of leaving a stable job in order to become fulltime self-employed. James had a successful career in IT and was offered the job of a lifetime which incredibly he turned down in order to focus on launching his business. We discuss the reasons for that decision, facing your fears and taking the plunge anyway.
Some insights from our chat include:
- The only way to be successful in running your business is to be fully committed to it;
- It’s easier to stick with the stable job but that might not bring what you actually want!
- It’s the quality of time that you can spend on your business that makes the difference;
- Being fearless and having a “scorched earth” mentality was key in deciding to take the plunge;
- If you’re not afraid of falling then you can jump.
People are afraid of failure, so if you’re considering whether or not to go for it, listen in and learn from James’s experience.
About James Kerslake
James is founder of luxury cocktail company, Tom Savano, the world’s first travel-inspired, super premium bottled cocktail brand. “Every time you drink a cocktail, you want to feel like you are Since launch, Tom Savano has received over a dozen top-flight industry awards, including the Best New Product of 2021, awarded by the Spirits Business, and launched across multiple channels, from John Lewis through to luxury hotels, high-end restaurants and boutiques.