For second time in two weeks, we’re excited to welcome back self-confessed IR35 geek, Dave Chaplin! We’re continuing our discussion about the impact of the off-payroll legislation, one year after implementation in the private sector. It’s a serious subject with serious financial implications for self-employed contractors, so you really need to listen! Join us to hear about:
- What you need to watch out for if your assignment is ‘outside IR35’;
- Why you MUST check for any indemnity clauses in your contract;
- Why you pay zero tax if HMRC successfully challenge an outside IR35 status;
- Beware of any insurance you buy because any IR35 inquiry would not be with you (unlike pre-reforms);
- Reasonable care and how risk moves around the supply chain;
- Latest tax tribunals, defendable position, and the outlook for the market.
Dave is an old friend of the show who really does know his stuff, so make yourself a brew and settle down for a good natter on all things IR35. We chatted for longer than this 30 minutes and if you missed the first half you can catch the previous episode here. (To be honest, we could actually talk about this stuff all day long!)
About Dave Chaplin
Dave Chaplin is the CEO and founder of contracting authority ContractorCalculator and tax compliance firm IR35 Shield. He is also the author of the Contractors’ Handbook Third Edition and more recently IR35 & Off-Payroll – explained.
With over 20 years’ experience of IR35 under his belt, he regularly assists with IR35 tax tribunals, has consulted on many occasions for HMRC, advises politicians and Government bodies on freelance tax matters, and is prolifically quoted in the trade and national press. In November 2020, Dave was included in the Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA)’ list of Europe’s 100 most influential leaders in the staffing industry.