The Chancellor recently announced that this year’s Autumn Budget will take place on 22 November 2023, essential viewing for the political geeks among us, and our first indication of tax changes which might affect you.
In recent years we’ve had announcements that:
- reviews IR35, repeals IR35, retains IR35
- freezes personal tax rates / VAT / corporation tax
- increases personal tax rates / VAT / corporation tax
- brings in off-payroll legislation
- delays off-payroll legislation
- Establishes new tax compliance requirement for drivers
- Launches (heinous) loan charge legislation
There have been many changes affecting independent workers in recent years, it is impossible to keep up. Here at IWORK, we will make sure we are watching the pantomime so you don’t have to!